Sunday, May 7, 2017

Dosed at Sophie's



Whups, there definitely was something in that cassava croquette that my feet did not like. Yesterday I went to Sophie's Cuban again, with the boyfriend. I found a place I can eat out! We get fried pork chunks and tostones (and an extra side dish of steamed veg for me) and split it because the portions are YUUUGE.

It was our day to get out a bit and hang out in the city. First we went to Book Off (a Japanese chain second hand store) to get Akira Kurosawa's Ran and Rumiko Takahashi's Maison Ikkoku, then we stopped by Trader Joe's to see what AIP goodies I could score. In between was Sophie's, which is just a few doors down from Book Off. I'd eaten there before with no adverse effects and I saw a CASSAVA croquette on the menu. It's CASSAVA! I can eat cassava! Well, I took one delicious bite and I knew that there was some stuff in there that I probably couldn't eat. I finished it anyway, though, because, quite honestly, I wanted to see what happened.

Nothing happened immediately after but this morning I woke up with a slight pain in my right ankle. It was very slight and went away pretty quickly as soon as I got moving but it's not a good indication. Or maybe I should say it's a good indication that I really do need to give this AIP thing a bit more time. My issues don't tend to come on fast and strong but generally creep up little by little until I have a hard time walking or standing so I feel like that was an initial sign that my body didn't like what I put in it.

It's nice to get to learn more about how your body handles different foods.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment