Wednesday, March 8, 2017

GAPS Day 10: Losing weight?????



Still chugging along. Felt better this morning, kind of like I did this weekend if not as dramatic. I think the inulin did me in - the bad bacteria had their last little hurrah. This is interesting because it shows how even a tiny amount of sugar or starch can really have a negative impact, at least at the point I'm at now. This is motivating me even more to do this GAPS thing 100%, and stay with this for as long as I have to.

Had "creamy mushroom soup" for lunch (some onion and a bunch of pre-sautéed mushrooms blended with the stick blender, with some ground pork and an egg yolk mixed in). My co-worker said it smelled delicious. It tasted delicious! I also added a small container of mashed butternut squash topped with browned butter ghee and a tiny bit of himalayan salt; sooooo goooood! My co-worker was kind of jealous lol! After the first two days on GAPS stage one, eating the same chicken/carrot soup I literally could not bring myself to look at it anymore and realized I'd need to come up with some tasty combos if I wanted to survive. Scoured the internet and made a list of 17 soup options - I'll post them tomorrow.

I'm running out of the beef stock so I was going to get an organic chicken from the food coop but I forgot to get off the train so I decided to see if I could find on at my local regular supermarket. They did not have it so I just got a rotisserie chicken. Thinking about that chicken and taking it home made me sooooo hungry! I pretty much tore into it as soon as I got in. Ate it with avocado (I forgot to buy more! AGAIN!!) and a simple salad of sliced beets and sauerkraut. The salad was really tasty, kind of sweet and sour with crunch from the sauerkraut. The chicken was AMAZING! It's been so long since I've had anything that wasn't boiled. I ate all the legs, thighs, and wings. Smeared with some of the avocado it was heavenly! I'm sure I overate but whateverrrr.

I'd decided over the weekend to try to see if I could actually maybe possibly lose some weight on GAPS. I wasn't trying to - after the last time when I did cyclic low carb and I lose zero pounds I'd given up. PCOS ruled my life, or at least my waistline. But when I weight myself Sunday morning I saw that I was 20 pounds less than when I'd last weight myself last year, after the last one month low carb attempt. And it does look like I've lose some weight since starting GAPS. I can't know because I didn't weigh/measure myself at the beginning. I kept weight myself (despite knowing I shouldn't) every morning since then; I should have taken my own advice, it went down a tiny bit maybe, then went up again this morning. It's stupid, I'm not going to weight myself again until the end of the month!

The reason I thought it would work is 1) maybe it's the bad bacteria that made me fat in the first place! Also, 2) low "seductiveness" is the only really "diet" that's been actually shown to permanently lower the "adipostat" (the adipostat is the weight one's body decides is the best weight; like a thermostat, the body fights to keep it's weight at the adipostat, whether one is trying to lose or even gain weight.) I tried doing this before, making boring, tasteless soups, but I didn't last. But now that I have to stick with this, for reasons other than vanity but serious health conditions, maybe I can manage to lose some weight? Maybe??

No comments:

Post a Comment