Monday, March 13, 2017

GAPS Day 15: It's hard :(



Today has been haaaard. My co-workers occasionally have bake-offs, where several people make the same dessert and the floor votes on their favorite version. It's always been fun... until this time around when I was on GAPS. UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH, mint chocolate brownies are filling their air with their tempting fragrance. We're may have a "snow day" tomorrow - Winter Storm Stella is barreling down on us - so I may be forced to make GAPS chocolate cupcakes tomorrow. Waaaaaaay off schedule but right now I'm at the point where I can't keep saying "no" to all the delicious non-GAPS foods people are eating, especially since I don't have Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis. But I do tend to have disordered eating around food.

I'm still going to stick pretty much with the GAPS intro, but I will deliberately eat slightly ahead of plan, to keep myself uncrazy.



Today's Article

"Did GAPS Cause My Disordered Eating?" from Chloe Breczinski of How We Flourish

This is something I always struggle with. After spending my teen and young adult years on one diet or another my mind gets screwed up whenever I limit my diet. Paleo, low carb, and GAPS have been much easier than traditional calorie restriction or low fat, but it's still hard, especially in our crap food environment. Just walking down the street is a test of steely will. I know that GAPS is an amazing, healing diet but there are difficulties, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment