Thursday, March 23, 2017

GAPS Day 25: GAPS "bread"



Soooo tired.  :(   I wanted to get to bed by 11:00 pm at the latest but didn't manage to do so until around 1:00 am because F left at 12:00. Oh well. I somehow powered through the day, which was crazy!! My co-worker was out and the guy who normally covers for her was pulled to sit for someone even more demanding. I managed to get through it and drag myself home. I wasn't going to do much but I really wanted to try my hand at Cheeseslave's simple GAPS bread. This meant I didn't eat until 9:30, which is not great but whatevs. The bread turned out to be doorstop dense but whatevs, it's bread! It also had a very "whole wheat" texture since I used Trader Joe's almond meal, which has the skins of the almonds.

Breakfast was Mexican soup again (salsa and shredded beef with chili powder and some spinach thrown in) with an apple (I started eating the skins so no need to peel).

No snack. I was going to buy some plain chicken and veggies from the cafeteria salad bar but I couldn't face food. I think I was just too tired to eat.

Dinner was GAPS bread, smoked salmon, sauerkraut, and the last of the guac. It was nice to have bread, even if it was heavy enough to kill someone if thrown at them.


Today's article:

The autoimmune-inflammatory model of diabesity (Chris Kresser)
"Notice that inflammation alone directly contributes to every single metabolic dysfunction associated with diabesity: leptin resistance, impaired fat and glucose metabolism, insulin resistance, and beta-cell destruction. Inflammation can be considered the primary mechanism through which the modern lifestyle and genetics cause diabesity."

No comments:

Post a Comment