Sunday, March 19, 2017

GAPS Day 21: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



Welp, I guess I'm on full GAPS now. I was looking at the rest of the month, planning out how I would do stages 4 to 6 and looking at the food lists. I'm already eating raw veggies (cucumbers) and cooked and even raw fruit (apples and applesauce). I'm planning on adding shakes made with frozen bananas and berries, too. And, of course, there's the cake, although that's really a special treat that I'm not going to have every day (just until the rest of the cake is finished, lol.)

I can't stomach the thought giving these little things up, and I don't have Crohns or ulcerative colitis. I'm not reacting to any of these foods, or if I am it's not really obvious (noticeable changes in mood or bathroom issues for instance.) So I guess I'm on full GAPS now. I do want to do early GAPS intro (say, stages 1-3) a couple of times a year, for one month periods, to focus "healing and sealing" my gut, and doubling down on eliminating the bad bacteria, but right now I just want to not make myself crazy, which is what was happening. I find I'm actually enjoying the food I'm eating now and don't feel deprived. I'm not overeating, and even the "junk food" that I treat myself with is nutritious and healthy. So, I'm going full on GAPS!


Today's article

"Was the GAPS Diet Worth It?" (Nourished and Nurtured)

No comments:

Post a Comment